Peacebunnies in Action
501c3 Nonprofit Public Charity
IRS Determination Letter and 990 documents are available for public review.
* Online with PAYPAL/ credit card
* Mail check written to
PO Box 202, Newport MN 55055
Thank you for blessing the bunnies and all those that get the direct gift of hugs, hope & hoppiness because of your support!!
Service-learning organization provides resources to mobilize comfort rabbits and their volunteer guardians to
1) PROVIDE SUPPORT during times of
tragedy, stress, loneliness and grief by sharing comfort rabbits and resources provided by Peacebunny Islands Inc.
* Families experiencing severe health challenges
* Families during times of separation including military deployment
* Senior centers and hospice
* School violence, and children’s memorials
2) SHARE RESOURCES: Social Emotional Learning and STEM-based curriculum, public health best practices
3) MODEL & NURTURE KINDNESS
During memorials with young children
we have been providing one free copy
of this book along a snuggly tie blanket
or quilt for the children in the immediate family during our comfort bunny visits.
Some ways FOUNDATION donations are spent:
* Peacebunny Unit visits
* Offsetting expenses for low income schools and communities who host STEMbunnies programs to get kids excited about learning while playing with rabbits
Since Spring 2020 outbreak of RHDV2, we have also provided support in these ways:
* Education program regarding public health, biosecurity, sanitation, mass vaccination days, preventing Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease (RHDV2)
* Providing administration support to local rabbit groups (4H, FFA, Livestock Conservancy, domestic rescues & wild rescues to host Mass Vaccination Clinics for rabbit owners in states where there is a current outbreak
Thanks for Supporting the Vision of the Peacebunny Foundation!!
The Foundation and volunteers provide the key mechanism to share our comfort rabbits owned, cared for and trained by the business side -- Peacebunny Island.
Both the Foundation and the business have specific, complementary roles and we thank you for joining us for either side of this heartfelt mission.
-- Caleb Smith
How Peacebunny Islands funds are spent (raised through our ongoing programs, merchandise sales & specific donations)
* Caring for rabbits and training the rescues or young "kinderbunnies" of our rare heritage breeds that will be brought to events --including those hosted by the Peacebunny Foundation.
* Training staff to become bunny guardians and handlers.
* Providing facilities for the rabbits' housing &
training and for hosting volunteers in training.
* Providing transportation to events for bunnies & staff
* Websites, administrative support, all the nonglamorous things of running a business
* Island mortgage, boats & vehicles expenses